Thursday, December 10, 2009

Craft: Ribbon & Pearls Necklace

Finally my HOW-TO..

So Ann Taylor is selling this necklace for $85 and I figured we could do something that had the same feeling for cheaper




I used pearls from two old bracelets I never wear, the thread and needle I had in my sewing box (you could use a strand or two of embroidery floss as well) and so the only part I bought for this project was the ribbon at $1.47.


Loop some thread in you needle and make a knot, you will just be using a running stitch like in the picture.


When you bring the thread through string a bead on the thread and pull your needle through.



Then insert your needle again giving the bead space on the ribbon and doing another running stitch with the thread on the ribbon on the other side of your bead. You are going to repeat steps 2 and 3 to make the necklace. After a couple beads are strung It should look like this:


After every couple beads make sure to pull your thread to create the loops in the ribbon- it's harder to do it all at the end.


When I was done stringing all my beads I just knotted the string at the end , stitching it to the ribbon so it stayed, and tied the ends of the ribbon into a bow.

You could make this with other types of beads or different colors ribbons and maybe add some flower clips all to make a great gift!

9 comments:

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Ekkk i loveeee it. (hint hint for christmas ;))

What a great how to... your becoming quite the little crafter!!

Mari said...

Thanks Rasha! you're rubbing off on me!

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

We need to craft together, asap. btw.

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

Go you!! That looks amazing!!!

http://candyflosspersie.blogspot.com/

Jenna said...

So creative!!!

Summer Athena said...

love love love love love it! xo

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a beautiful DIY! I wish I was that crafty!

Gabby said...

This is SO great!

Unknown said...

I love it...thank you so much for sharing how to make it!!