Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Something's Coming


have you ever heard the song from West Side Story "Something's Coming"?

"Who knows?
It's only just out of reach,
Down the block, on a beach,
Under a tree.
I got a feeling there's a miracle due,
Gonna come true,
Coming to me!"

"Could it be? Yes, it could.
Something's coming, something good,
If I can wait!
Something's coming, I don't know what it is,
But it is
Gonna be great!"

This one song is in near the beginning of the movie and it always fill up my chest, no my heart up with joy and hope. November has always been my favorite month because in arizona things get just a little bit quieter. The gets the sudden chill in it and you can feel an electricity around you. What can it be? For some it's the approaching holidays, others it's the end school coming up on the horizon and for me it's the feeling of hope.

wishes, fairy dust, love, and magic make up that electricity for me.

It always happens in November when that sudden chill hits.

from

I saw a butterfly today and fly right around me while I was riding on my bike.
It was telling me to be hopeful- that one day everyone will go to sleep with food in their bellies, people will celebrate marriages of love and we'll be saluting a Madam President and that for it all to happen we can't stop fighting.

Fighting for hope.

This post is for me folks, so if it doesn't make sense that's why. It's for me and the butterfly.

1 comment:

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

beautiful post. we have to have faith that something great IS coming.