Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Birthday To You


This weekend I spent my time working and doing homework until Sunday. My sweet guy's birthday was yesterday and since my heart is happy and light and I can't find much else to write about I'll tell you how it all went down.

Ross likes cheesecake. He likes it when I make cheesecake for him and I really like making him cheesecake and making him happy. My cake decorator self asked what sort of cake he would like for his birthday and he said "Cheesecake" and me being me I made cheesecake.

I didn't make one. or two. but three birthday cheesecakes on Saturday night.

Ingredients

and a whole lot of cream cheese

Springform pans

I made a huge mess
but they came out beautiful!

Strawberry Cheesecake


Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake


Oreo Cookie Cheesecake


Red Velvet Birthday Cupcakes


White Fudge Iced Birthday Cupcakes


I went over Sunday afternoon and we spent the evening together watching 2001 A Space Odyssey (his favorite movie)

I really liked it but did not understand it at all! Anyone wanna help a girl out?? lol

Monday was Ross's actual birthday and I had school and he had work and Mondays are usually my longest days but I decided to play hooky and do something special for his day. I took a test and then my French class luckily got cancelled and I decided to not go to my evening class and instead I snuck into his apartment that is down the street from ASU's campus (and is it really sneaking in if you have a key??) and cleaned his place from top to bottom.

Thankfully his place was not as bad some guy's places I've been in and it only took a couple hours to get everything super clean. After that I made a white vegetarian pizza for when he got home (I'll post the recipe of that tomorrow for What to Eat Wednesday) and we ended up hanging out with his neighbors listening to music, sipping cold beers, and just talking on their candle-lit patio. It was such a nice night and when we came back inside he quickly updated his facebook status to this:

"I want to thank everyone for their birthday wishes and especially Marisela for making this the best birthday ever! :)"


and then I melted. We ended the night watching The Office and 30 Rock on Hulu and him playing his guitar for me. I forgot he had one, but we also looked at his myspace music page and I listened to some of the stuff he has recorded and posted on there. You should go and take a listen and see how UH-MAZING he is and then you can understand how I just turn into a puddle of gush whenever he plays for me (the last two tracks are not him singing and just friends and him goofing around..LOL)

The past two days have been so incredible and I'm soo happy that I play a part in making this a really happy birthday for Ross. He told me how he wonders how he got so lucky to get such a great girlfriend. (AHHH and I melt)

and yeah, "girlfriend" we sort of made it official ♥
But nothing changes! We're two still very happy people coming together and being awesome (lol)

"Can you die of happiness??"
I hope not.. but I hope all you lovely people have a very happy Tuesday!

11 comments:

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

GIRLFRIENDDDDDDD awww, I love it, I so told you, and awww cutest thing EVERRRRR im so happy for you, but incredibly mad, you posted this before texting me the news!

Secondly, HOLY EFF to all those cakes and shit, dont forget my birthday is thursday and i sincerely better get some.

Love you and so happy for you.

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Is it lame, that I am so happy for you?

Summer Athena said...

AND OFFICIAL!!!!!!?????

Summer Athena said...

oh my good. 3? i need them now.

Kara said...

Holy shite, you MADE those?!?!?!?!?!?!!? Like, for reals?! Ummm, how can I put this nicely?, I'm drooling.

Sounds like you're a pretty fab gf...time for me to go stalk your man :)

Gabby said...

Ahhhh you are the best girlfriend ever!! And um, can I have those recipes?? I need cheesecake NOW :)

bananas. said...

Ahhhh so cute! Beginnings are the best...enjoy it! Enjoy each other! You two sound adorable together :)

Can't wait to "meet" him ;)

BG said...

please make me a cake. i like cheesecake too. damnit. ;)

i love how giddy you are...and that he plays guitar for you?! swoooon. you are a BRAVE woman to clean a boy's apartment! haha.

love ya lady.

Shannon Ashley said...

Aww thats so sweet official relationship :) 3 cheesecakes wow, you went soo over the top! I agree with Brit, you are so brave to clean a boy's apartment! don't want him getting the wrong idea and thinking you are his maid/cook lol jk (even though I know it was your surprise) Glad he appreciated everything!

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

sounds like you guys are having so much fun!!! I love his FB status. And you made all those cakes?!?! Geez- such variety, I am sincerely impressed. hahahah, no he DIDN'T make you watch 2001 a space odyssey- that is one of my dad's fave movies and I have memories growing up of crying because he picked that to watch instead of letting us watch a disney movie. Hilarious. Sounds like you did a great job!!!

Erin said...

OMG that oreo cheesecake looks amazing.