Here is my White Pizza from Monday night.
I found the recipe here and this is my variation on it
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 of a medium sweet onion sliced thinly
refrigerated pizza dough
2 cups shredded pizza blend cheese (Italian blend works too)
2 cloves garlic minced or chopped finely
1 pinch thyme
1 pinch pepper
2 small-medium sized mushrooms, sliced thinly
1 medium tomato sliced thinly
5 basil leaves coarsly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan and add chopped onion. Cook over medium heat until the onions are carmelized. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Roll out pizza dough into a circle on a cookie sheet. Lightly coat dough with olive oil and bake for about 10 minutes until the crust is very lightly starting to brown.
4. Remove pizza crust from the oven and top with cheese, garlic (evenly), thyme, and pepper. Add the tomato slices in a single layer and scatter carmelized onions, mushrooms, and basil over the top.
5. Place pizza back into 425 degree oven and bake until the crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly and completely melted
6. Remove from oven and enjoy!
This was the first white pizza I had ever made or eaten and it was delicious! I will definetly be making this one again.
Happy Wednesday Eating!
(and thanks everyone for sweet comments from yesturday's post ♥)