Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lasagna

As I was walking from my lab section to the MU to grab something yummy before my lecture class I walked right past these beautiful flowers and couldn't help but stop and snap some quick camera pictures.


Spring in Arizona is like a big huge present we get to make up for how stinking hot it will be in about 6 weeks.


Any-who it is once again Wednesday so I am back with a meat-free recipe to whip up for dinner tonight. I, in fact, will be making this for dinner tonight for that oh so sweet guy I once in awhile blog about while we watch Brad Pitt kill some Nazi's in Inglorious Bastards. Just screams romance doesn't it? Especially eating something this red and saucy but we've been craving it so oh well.

Lasagna Roll-Ups
from an AMAZING vegetarian food blogger I found Leslie Sarna

1 box lasagna noodles
Tomato sauce

1 large tub ricotta cheese
a handful of fresh parsley, chopped
a handful of mozzarella, shredded
a handful of grated parmesan cheese
a handful of fresh spinach chopped
a handful of fresh basil chopped

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine all the filling ingredients in a bowl. Cook teh lasagna noodles till they are done, but still al dente. Cover the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with the tomato sauce and on a clean surface, lay a noodle down and spread cheese mixture in the center an=bout 3/4 of the noodle. Start at one end and roll up noodle and place in the prepared baking dish. Repeat with all noodles. When you are done, cover them with the tomato sauce and sprinkle some mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Bake for 30 min until the cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown .

I will try to sneak a picture of the finished product tonight (and of him if I can!!) but again I don't want to scare him off with my paparazzi skills just yet.

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

4 comments:

Gabby said...

Gorgeous pictures! And that recipe sounds delish - hope your night goes well, I'm sure it will :)

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Those sound good... :)

Im in the library eating, yummmm.

BG said...

oh YUMMMMMMMMMMM. care if i come? three's a party, right? ;)

Carol Anne said...

oh that lasanga sounds soooo yummy!!