Monday, November 23, 2009

Chocolate Cake

I love to bake. Like sometimes it become a massive problem because all I want to do is bake and then we end up with four different kinds of cookies and my parents mad at me for giving them heart disease or something like that . One week when I was on vacation I'm pretty sure between the toffee cheesecake, apple pie, chocolate flan and white chocolate macadamia nut cookies everyone gained at least 5 pounds.

I just really like to bake.

Since I love to bake so much I LOVE the holidays because its the one time a year I can bake all I want and no one can yell at me as long as I through in some santa cookies. What makes it even more special for me is that this will be the first year I get to be 100% in charge of Thanksgiving dinner!! My mom has to work and since I've helped her with it from about the age of 8 or 9 she felt she could trust me (that is until she comes home to 2 turkeys, 10 side dishes, and like 14 desserts).

In the spirit of mass cooking, baking, and eating that is gonna be happening this week I though I would share with you all some of my easiest yet most delicious recipes that I always seen to fall back on.

Today will be my highly requested chocolate cake! With only 7 ingredients it's one of my simplest recipes yet for every birthday party and family get together I get at least three request for it.


Chocolate Cake
1 Box Devils Food cake
1 Package Chocolate Pudding Mix
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup warm water
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 350 and mix all ingredients except chocolate chips with a hand held mixer for abut 4 minutes or until everything is well mixed. fold in chocolate chips and pour into desired baking pan (that is either sprayed with Pam or buttered and floured or has some crisco spread around) Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick come outs clean (the chocolate chips will be melted so watch for those)

Watch out this one is rich and delicious... has magical powers too... kept my ex-boyfriend very happy during our relationship (before I kicked his sorry cheating butt to the curb) has got me like two marriage proposals (from married men?? hahha) and the title of chocolate cake queen in our household!

7 comments:

Mari said...

I will go and have to take a look!...betty crocker sent me and email and I just about wet myself looking at the recipes =)

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Yum this looks delicious!!!!

I should bake this... better yet, you can bake it for me, LOL Dont leave the oven on OK!! gosh.... my house will burn down.

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

YUMMY YUMMY!

http://candyflosspersie.blogspot.com/

Laura said...

Oooooh I've had this before and it was sooooooooo good! *drooool*

bananas. said...

if i was into cake, i'd be all over that like a preggo woman with cravings!

having said that...i'm not into cake. but good recipes are always good for the boyfriend :)

BG said...

sour cream?!? really? very inneresting. i might just have to try this baby out...

Organic Meatbag said...

You must be a mind reader...I have been craving chocolate cake the last couple of days...hehehehe