Monday, November 16, 2009

Crochet (my #1 granny hobby)


So I recently showed my bbf Rasha how to crochet (or am in the process of showing her how to crochet) and I figured I should share my #1 hobby with you blog folks.


You start with the crochet hook...then you do some of these...


and voila! after a considerable amount of crochet hook balancing and at some point throwing some yarn up there you get...


a scarf!


This is what I am currently working on (instead of reading some Shakespeare sorry Mr. Pfister) and wanted to share a couple crochet pictures to hopefully start the crochet revolution!

I'm still working on learning new things and new techniques and I;m just dying to try my hand at making one of the hats on Shana's myspace and etsy.
I am dying to make that green and black one or the green one with teeth!

Anyone who is interested in a tutorial on actually learning how to crochet (not that hard to do and tons of fun!) let me know and I'll put one together =)


4 comments:

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

LOVE it.. I practice like every second lol but im not all that good yet! soon enough soon enough... CUTE pics, btw! <3 ya

rocket.queen. said...

I knit and have since I was about 10. It's totally NOT for old ladies anymore. I wish I could crochet. Easier to make play food for the kiddo with crochet.

bananas. said...

VLOG!!! you need to do a vlog because reading how to crochet just won't do it for me. i'm retawded like that. i've always wanted to learn so yea VLOG!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Awww...I remember a friend of mine who taught me how to crochet during our younger years...I never got around to making anything cute, I always ended up crocheting a straight line. hehehe